Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Lord of Ultima is being retired – Additional Information!

Lord and Ladies,

Today we bring sad news. It pains us to inform you that the final days of Caledonia are drawing near. While glory has flickered in the heart of this new world, the shadows of the old one have risen to take it back from us forever.

It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you, that on Monday 12th May @ approximately 07:00 UTC we will be closing the gates of Lord of Ultima for good and stopping the service in its entirety.

It is always hard when we are met with such choices and the decision to retire older games is never an easy one. We cannot thank those who have supported us enough, and throughout the years of Lord of Ultima’s existence it has been the pleasure of both past and present developers to have been on this journey with you.

Those of you who still have a balance of in-game currency are encouraged to spend it before the game is shut down on Monday 12th May @ approximately 07:00 UTC and is no longer available for play. Additionally, from now until the closing date will also be disabling the functionality to purchase Play4Free Funds, as well as the ability to register new accounts.

The race to be the final Lords will continue however until the closing date so if you’re already on your way to the end game, you still have your chance to become one of Caledonia’s final victors. Will you end your time in Caledonia as a proud Lord or an honourable warrior fighting until the end?

Additional Information

Indeed we’re sorry to see the end or Lord of Ultima arise and although it is being torn away from us all, we want to help transition its inhabitants onto their new journey. We would also like to support those who continue to fight for their empire until the final days of Caledonia settle in, and to do that we will be offering everyone ministers until that time.

Using the code below you can get all four ministers for 90 days which can be used on which ever single world you desire. Use them well and allow them to serve you as you stand in your final fight to become a lord. We have added 2 additional codes for those who are active on multiple worlds.

GZFS-BKFR-LUXS-V36S
    HUCJ-9X7X-TXR2-R65C
    HRAQ-2ARJ-Y4FD-8CR2

Each code is valid to be redeemed until Monday 12th May - After redeeming the code you may need to logout on the website and log back in again.

Additionally you will find some questions answered below which will be updated as more applicable questions arise. So feel free to ask if you have any.

Q: When exactly will the game shut down?
    A: All servers will be shut down on Monday 12th May, as the process of shutting down servers will take some time the various world will be stopped periodically throughout the day.

Q: Will there be an option to get a refund for the Funds I have purchased.
    A: No, though you will have the next 3 months to use up your remaining Funds as normal.

Q: What will happen to worlds that are far away from seeing the end game?
    A: We’re investigating the options regarding the speed of progression on various worlds. This may allow us to speed up the game progress and give those on newer world the chance to make it to end game and become one of the game’s final Lords. This has yet to be determined as to whether or not it’s possible for us to do.

Updated 2014/02/21 – Progression Speed

Lords and Ladies,

In recent days we have been continuing our exploration in trying to determine a reasonable way to speed up the progression of the various worlds that have yet to see anyone being crowned and over the course of the next few weeks we will be implementing these steps.

Our first course of action will take place on the week starting Monday 24th February in which we will be making changes to the shrines. This will involve activating all of the shrines within the world at once.
    To start with we will only update one world (World 99) in order to appropriately monitor these changes to make sure they have the expected effects. We do plan to have this information and update the rest of the world with the same or similar changes in the same week.

We want to make sure this is updated appropriately to make sure that you can actually play the game until May 12th and as such we don’t want to just throw a blanket over all worlds and let that be the end of it. If we’re going to make these changes, we would like them to actually work.

That however is not all we have planned and further changes are on the way. We are currently logging various statistics across a number of worlds in regards to the acquisition of palaces and will at a later date implement changes to further increase the speed of progression for still young worlds. More information about these particular changes will come closer to the days where we begin to implement them, so keep your eyes peeled for those.

Updated 2014/02/25 – Progression Speed

Lords and Ladies,

As discussed in our previous message about speeding up the progression of the various worlds that have yet to see anyone being crowned. We are now happy to announce that this patch will be deployed on the remaining Worlds starting tomorrow February 26th 10.00 - 11.00 UTC.

When: February 26th 10.00 - 11.00 UTC

Worlds affected:

World 100 (USA East Coast)
    World 102 (Australia)
    Mundo 22 (España)
    Dünya 10 (Turkish)
    Mundo 23 (América Latina)
    World 101 (Europe)

Updated 2014/03/14 – Progression Speed #2

We are now happy to announce that we will be deploying the next phase of this early next week. An additional announcement will follow with specific timing.

With this update we seek to significantly increase the speed of acquiring and upgrading your Palaces for your race to the crown. However, as various worlds are in different stages of progression this may vary across worlds. These changes will be as follows.

The following Worlds will have the costs for both building and upgrading palaces reduced by 85%:

Mundo 22 (Spanish)
    World 99 (Australia)
    Dünya 10 (Turkish)
    Mundo 23 (Latin America)
    World 102 (Australia)

The following Worlds will have the costs for both building and upgrading palaces reduced by 50%:

Mundo 20 (Spanish)
    World 100 (USA East Coast)
    World 101 (Europe)
    This is a signature. I should probably edit this.

I Have Many Leather-Bound Books
    Current World
    Castle 4
    Country
    Flag
    Hi Ophidian as an Alliance leader on W102, a world that won't be able to finish on may 14th the last Q and A concerns us ( the whole server) a lot please find a way to extend the time for us or some other means so that we can at least finish the world

I'm Very Important
    Current World
    World 1
    Country
    Flag
    We’re investigating the options regarding the speed of progression on various worlds. This may allow us to speed up the game progress and give those on newer world the chance to make it to end game and become one of the game’s final Lords. This has yet to be determined as to whether or not it’s possible for us to do.
    Is it a big request to ask for a time frame, as in how long it takes to "investigate" this matter?

Forum Rookie
    Current World
    World 1
    Country
    Flag
    Very bad news

Forum Rookie
    Country
    Flag
    Disappointing.

Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by sithlord117 View Post
    Hi Ophidian as an Alliance leader on W102, a world that won't be able to finish on may 14th the last Q and A concerns us ( the whole server) a lot please find a way to extend the time for us or some other means so that we can at least finish the world
    As much as it pains me to say, we won't be able to provide any time extensions I'm afraid, which is why we're investigating possibilities to speed up the progression.
    The majority of the game is all based on very predictable tables, so we want to try and increase these to a stage where depending on the world, you'll be able to progress fast enough for at LEAST one alliance to claim the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by zerosdfd View Post
    Is it a big request to ask for a time frame, as in how long it takes to "investigate" this matter?
    Currently we can't say. It's simply something we're investigating rather than have already investigated, so we're still in the process of figuring if it's even possible for us to do.
    As we progress and get a better idea of what we can do though I'll be happy to update you.

Forum Rookie
    Current World
    World 1
    Country
    Flag
    I have nothing majorly intelligent to add to this thread. Mainly just wanted to say that this is crap.

Also - A possible suggestion for EA. Is it possible to turn the source code for LOU to open? I realize there are numerous wealthy LOU players who may be able to afford to keep this game running. Some players also have the coding skill to fix possible problems with LOU that we have had in the past on EA servers.

EA could allow the players to take over the game and raise our own funds to keep it going. Most everyone that plays this game realizes there are absolutely no other games like it, and not many of us care to play any other EA games. EA could let this game go entirely and allow someone to take it over.

^^ I do not consider myself wealthy enough to take over and pay for a server to support this game. My skills stop at using my alt key to make pretty little thingy's with the numpad... like ♫♪♀☼►♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ↕◄‼♣♦♠•◘○☺☻♂ <<< All that pretty much covers it...and basically that means I have no skills at all. ;-)
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Forum Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Using the code below you can get all for ministers for 90 days which can be used an which ever single world you desire. Use them well and allow them to serve you as you stand in your final fight to become a lord.

GZFS-BKFR-LUXS-V36S
    Code is valid to be redeemed until Monday 12th May
    Hello, I have already used funds for ministers well into May. Might I please have these funds to spend on something not being handed ot to everyone for free?

Forum Rookie
    Country
    Flag
    I fully support the proposal "Berthirty." And I represent a large group of players from Russian and Ukrainian servers that is ready to take on all of the support and development of the game.
    We agree get code even without the right to use the brand LOU. So as said above - alternatives - no. And we will not play any other games from any company ..

Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerThirty View Post
    I have nothing majorly intelligent to add to this thread. Mainly just wanted to say that this is crap.

Also - A possible suggestion for EA. Is it possible to turn the source code for LOU to open? I realize there are numerous wealthy LOU players who may be able to afford to keep this game running. Some players also have the coding skill to fix possible problems with LOU that we have had in the past on EA servers.

EA could allow the players to take over the game and raise our own funds to keep it going. Most everyone that plays this game realizes there are absolutely no other games like it, and not many of us care to play any other EA games. EA could let this game go entirely and allow someone to take it over.

^^ I do not consider myself wealthy enough to take over and pay for a server to support this game. My skills stop at using my alt key to make pretty little thingy's with the numpad... like ♫♪♀☼►♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ↕◄‼♣♦♠•◘○☺☻♂ <<< All that pretty much covers it...and basically that means I have no skills at all. ;-)
    First, please let me state that I am in no position to make any offers or statements regarding the ownership or deals relating to EA's Intellectual Property (IP), but I would like to offer some advice.

I've seen a lot of people talking about looking into acquiring the Lord of Ultima IP and carrying on development of the game. As inspirational as this is I hope that those seeking to do that are willing to make an offer of MANY millions of dollars to acquire the IP. It is also worth noting that to my knowledge EA has never sold any of its IP before either, so the track record of its availability isn't the best, and the chances of being given it for free are likely going to be NIL.

In regards to the talented existing and/or aspiring developers out there who would like to fix the issues that have plagued the game for some time... there have been a number of posts on the forums relating to the subject that have put it into perspective. These issues run deep... and you'd expect to invest a LONG time into coming close to resolving them.

Should those who still wish to proceed do so, I wish you luck

Quote Originally Posted by jsd3306 View Post
    Hello, I have already used funds for ministers well into May. Might I please have these funds to spend on something not being handed ot to everyone for free?
    I'm afraid that refunds are not being offered at this time.